Write a review
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (7-ounce) potato, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 6 0z. sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Heat the oil in a heavy 9 1/2-inch-diameter skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potato, mushrooms, onion, peppers and garlic. Season the potato mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Saute over medium-low heat until the potato is golden and crisp on the outside, tender inside, about 7 to 10 minutes. Preheat the broiler.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, cheese and basil in a medium bowl to blend. Stir the egg mixture into the potato mixture in the skillet.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the egg mixture is almost set but the top is still loose, about 3 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven at 400 and bake 10-15 minutes, or until set.
Heirloom Farms http://heirloom-farms.com/